Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Two Year Plan

I was talking to my Mom on the phone last night, and we got to talking about my plans for this year.  I expanded it to 2015.  I thought I'd share them with you.

2014

I plan on spending 1/2 the year studying for the Gerontological Nursing Boards.  My plan is to sit for the Boards in late summer, early fall.  I'll be buying the study guide in the next month or so. My employer pays an additional $2.50/hour for being Board-Certified.  You can have two certifications, for a total of an additional $5.00/hour!  My particular job requires me to become a Board-Certified Case Manager within 3 years, so that's part of 2015s plans.  We plan on paying off the car with our tax refund, and I'm going to increase my 401K contribution as well as pay off my credit cards.

2015

This year is all about Puerto Rico.  We plan on heading down there for our 10th anniversary in June.  We'll be staying at La Concha again.  This time, we're going to rent a car, and spend some time seeing the rest of Puerto Rico.  I want to go to Arecibo, Guavate, and maybe even Rincon.  I want to see the forts in San Juan, and do the Food and Culture tour again.  I also want to experience the market at Santurce.  We're funding this trip with next year's bonus and our tax refund, so we can do the whole thing without going into debt.  I can't WAIT.  My other big plan for 2015 is to sit for the Case Management boards.

So, that's the big two year plan.  I'm committed to making this happen!

What's your two year plan?

2 comments:

  1. Wow--that's awesome planning. I don't normally think that far ahead, so I have no idea what I'll be doing. Although, adding more to my 403b is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely make a plan for tomorrow :) A Trip to Puerto Rico sounds like fun though

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!