Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sunday Stealing--The Fast Dozen Meme

The Fast Dozen Meme

From the archives at All Stace, All The Time

What is the last book that you passed on to someone else to read?

Command and Control:  Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Incident, and the Illusion of Safety, by Eric Schlosser.  I read it, was completely fascinated, and got it for my Dad (a nuclear engineer) for Christmas.  Word is, he's really enjoying it.

The one song you secretly or not so secretly want to sing at karaoke?

You'll never guess.  OK.  Treetop Flyer, by Stephen Stills.  Have never heard of it?  Here you go...




If you had to pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?

Um.  I have no clue.

What do you wish your administrator or boss would notice?

That we have a problem on our team, and that meeting you promised, but never had, is just allowing it to go on and fester.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

I hate all the right-wing, racist, rabble-rousing that goes on in Washington.  It's just so fucking STUPID.  I mean, why should anyone give a shit who marries who?

What holds you back in pursuing your biggest dream?

Well.  I think my biggest dream right now is to meet my daughter.  She was amazingly brave to get in touch with me after so many years.  I promised her that we'd go at her pace, and I'm keeping that promise.  She'll let me know when she's ready to meet me, and I'm OK with that.  It'll more than likely be years from now, since she's going to be in Italy for at least another 2 years.  It makes me happy that we text back and forth, and that I can see how happy she is thanks to Facebook.

Why do you think you are a lovable person?

It's definitely my cute toes :)

If every day had an extra hour in it, what would you do with it?

Read, surf the internet, or work.

The last song you turned up in your car or house was?

The aforementioned Treetop Flyer.  Yesterday, it was the North Mississippi All-Stars doing Shake 'Em On Down.  Here...have a listen....



What is a secret talent you may have?

I actually know some of the obscure movie and comic-book references my husband uses.  This makes him very happy :)

Your favorite thing to do outside when it's not too cold out in the winter?

Walk the dog.  Sit on the porch swing and admire our killer view of the Sandias.


How do you respond if someone asks you an inappropriate or nosy question?

I either change the subject, or politely say "that's personal" and go about my merry way.

2 comments:

  1. I loved listening to Treetop Flyers while reading your blog...and I finally figured out why I love you...it's those cute toes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your view of the mountains is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!