Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday 9--That's My Kind of Night

That's My Kind of Night

1) In this song, our hero offers to take his girl down to the river to catch a catfish dinner. What is your favorite seafood?

OMG, I love raw oysters. Whenever my Mom and Dad visit, we kill whole platters of oysters on the half shell.  Yum!

2) Luke Bryan went to Georgia State University, home of the Panthers. What was your school mascot?



3) Have you ever tried acupuncture?

I have, for a report I had to do in nursing school on alternative therapies.  It didn't work on me.

4) Just last night, Crazy Sam threw away a jar of Miracle Whip because it expired in September 2013. Is your refrigerator neat and organized? Or is it a disaster area, like Sam's?

Not so much a disaster area but full.  We buy a lot of stuff at Costco, and since there's only two of us, things tend to hang around a while.  We have big jars of things like pickles, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, that sort of thing.

5) Which is more important to you -- saving time or saving money?

Definitely money.  I'm starting to look towards my retirement in 20 years and bumping up my 401K contribution every year is really important to me.  It's taken me a long time to actually start saving, because I haven't exactly been "good" with money.

6) Sam's next door neighbor is named Jim. He's retired, smokes a pipe and drives a red Corolla. Tell us about one of your neighbors.

We don't really "know" our neighbors, because both of us are pretty non-social introverts.  However, we say Hi to the lady next door who spends a ton of time working on her back yard.  Maybe I could entice her to come work on ours ;)

7) What's the most recent magazine you flipped through?

Time and Entertainment Weekly.  I do surveys online that pay me around $2.50 a pop.  You can redeem your money for magazine subscriptions.  I love,love, love magazines, always have.  So now, I have free, year-long subscriptions to Time, Entertainment Weekly, Sunset, Elle, Allure, Travel and Leisure, and Budget Travel.  Pretty cool, right?

8) Could your vehicle use a trip to the car wash right now?

It needs a bath pretty bad.  Unfortunately, it has to be handwashed--last time we took it to the car wash, the high pressure jets somehow forced the water into this computerized fuse box.  $280 dollars later at the auto electric place, no more car washes.

9) Did you hit the snooze button this morning?

I'm always up about 15 minutes before the alarm goes off.  I've  never had to hit the snooze button.

3 comments:

  1. I used to be really good with waking up, but now I hit the snooze a lot and sleep later than I should on weekends. I blame the winter and my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really lucky with my neighbor situation right now--very quiet and friendly, which is important for an apartment house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love , love oysters.....but not RAW! Yuck

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!