Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saturday 9--Happy Holidays



1. If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?

A month long vacation at the La Concha Resort in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with my hubby, and enough cash to do it up right.  That would be pretty bad-ass.



On the other hand, I'd really like to see my daughter if and when she's ready to see me.  That would the ultimate best gift ever, Santa.



2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there? I think I'm on the nice list.  My whole family is speaking to me, which is always good, and I've let go of some negativity this year, which always feels good.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train? I'm driving my car to Albuquerque (30 minutes from my house in Rio Rancho) to work at my old building as a floor nurse. It's something I try to do every Christmas.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year? Yes. I had hubby help me pick out a beautiful purple Coach bag and wallet--thank you, wonderful employer, for the amazing Christmas bonus.






5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie or TV special? Have you seen it yet this year? Christmas Vacation--watched it a few weeks ago.



6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread? Gingerbread, especially the German version, Lebkuchen.

7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind. "Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose..."

8. What's your favorite winter beverage? Hot Cocoa with marshmallows.  Yum.

9. What will you remember most about 2013?

My daughter getting in touch with me after over a decade.  It was, hands down, the absolute best thing that happened to me this year.  It was a dream come true.


4 comments:

  1. Is that a picture of your daughter? I can feel the happiness in your posts ever since your daughter got in contact with you. It has changed your life hasn't it? Beautiful purse and wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers made me so happy! Your daughter is beautiful. The purse and wallet are fabulous. Everything is so uplifting!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is sooooo gorgeous! Even better, you got a bonus. So rare these days. Hope all keeps going well with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year darling Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!