Saturday, October 5, 2013
Saturday 9--You're So Vain
1) Samantha Winters is very vain about her light blonde locks. What's your best feature? Cute toes.
2) Carly Simon is the daughter of a wealthy family (Simon & Shuster Publishing). How would your life today be different if you knew there was a large sum of inherited money in your future? I would feel more confident about retiring someday. As it stands, I'll be one of those 75 year old nurses still working because we started saving too late. On the up side, I have a younger husband, who will be working past my retirement age. Yay!
3) October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Carly is a proud breast cancer survivor. Has breast cancer -- or cancer of any type -- touched you, your family or your circle of friends? My mom and dad both are cancer survivors. Both my mom's parents died from their cancers. My mom's brother is a cancer survivor. Personally, I think that they were exposed to something during WWII or the post-war period, before they came to America (they escaped from Poland into Germany in 1942).
4) Carly has been known to perform with her sister, Lucy, and their oldest sister Joanna is a mezzo-soprano. Is your family musical? Not my immediate family, no. My husband, on the other hand, plays a mean electric guitar.
5) Carly suffers from stage fright, a liability in her profession. When was the last time fear got the better of you? Just the other day. I got past, and over, it.
6) Do you wear hats? Yes, in the summer, a straw hat when I'm going to be outside a while. In the winter, when it's REALLY cold, I'll throw a hat on. My hair is so short, that it really doesn't matter--hat or no hat, it's pretty close to my head. On the up side--no "hat hair".
7) Autumn is known as "sweater weather." Is there a chill in the air where you are today? Definitely. Yesterday the high was 62, and the low last night was 36. The humidity is back down in the single digits. Our furnace hasn't been serviced yet, so my little space heater kept me cozy (along with 2 blankets and the dog). I'm cold-natured.
8) Do you drink bottled water? No. I'm not a big water fan period, preferring iced tea or lemonade. But right now, with the humidity so low, I've been drinking as much tap water (filtered, since are water is ridiculous hard) as I can suck down. Damn, it's dry.
9) What color is your toothbrush? Green and white