Saturday, September 28, 2013
Saturday 9--Ain't That a Kick in the Head
1) In the song, Dean sings, "Ain't That a Kick in the Head?" to express how delighted he is to discover the girl loves him. When was the last time you were pleasantly surprised?
Yesterday, when my Mom and Dad contributed $200 to my "go see my daughter" fund. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!
2) Martin was born Dino Paul Crochetti, and his family only spoke Italian at home. Do you speak any language other than English?
Enough rudimentary Spanish to introduce myself to my patients and ask how they are. I understand more than I am able to speak.
3) Before he became an entertainer, Martin fought under the name "Kid Crochett." Do you watch boxing? What about wrestling?
4) This song appeared in the original Ocean's 11 (1960). That film was remade in 2001, with basically the same plot -- a group of suave criminals knock over the casinos on the Vegas Strip. Why do you think so many movies feature crooks and con men as heroes?
I think people like watching bad guys, because, secretly, we all wish we could do something so brazen, at least once in our lives.
5) Crazy Sam's college sweetheart took over his family's wholesale liquor business, married a woman named Helene and has two sons. How does she know this? She checked his Facebook page on the sly. Have you ever used the internet to look up an ex?
6) As she writes this week's meme, Sam is sipping from a Big Bang Theory cup that features Sheldon's face and the word, "Bazinga!"
I like the new metal (steel? aluminum?) insulated mug that my hubby got me--I hate it when my coffee gets cold!
7) Are you a good judge of character?
After ten years of managing pretty large staffs, I think I'm pretty good.
8) Do you know how to turn a somersault? As a kid, sure. No way could my old ass do one now!
9) Which one do you use -- roll-on, stick or spray deodorant?
Something in between? I like the gel type.