Sunday, January 27, 2013
Sunday Stealing--The Meme from Suburbia
1. What were you doing 10 years ago? Getting ready to move back to Florida from Santa Fe, which, in retrospect, was a horrible idea. On the other hand, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have gotten broken up with the boyfriend at the time and met wonderful hubby. Karma.
2. By this time next year, I ... would like to be at least 10 pounds lighter and healthier. So far, so good--I've lost 10 lbs since I moved here.
3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing? I think it's inevitable, but I think we'll have a Hispanic president first. The demographics of this country are changing, and old, rich white guys are hopefully on the way out.
4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime? Damien Scott, played by Sullivan Stapleton, on the Cinemax series Strike Back.
5. Who is your greatest enemy? Without a doubt, me.
6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles? The most recent was when I drove from Ft. Worth here to Albuqerque. It was a neat drive--the first part wound through rural Texas. Things that stuck out--wind farms, lots of them. Either a Dairy Queen or a Sonic in every little town. Did I mention wind farms? I was fascinated with them. The second part was on I-40, from Amarillo to New Mexico. It was neat to get into Mesa country in New Mexico, and know that I was almost home.
7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? I rarely use either, but I guess dictionary would trump thesaurus.
8. Do you have a nickname? What is it? Never had one.
9. What are you dreading at the moment? Mock survey at work. We are dealing with a multitude of problems right now, and having a bunch of corporate hacks come in and tell me what I already know is wrong is NOT appealing. At all.
10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Could care less.
11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not? I just suck it up, what's the point of not buying it when you need it.
12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about? Taking my pills and vitamins at night before bed.
13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today? I read constantly, so I can't pick just one. Dune by Frank Herbert probably had the most influence on what I like to read. That book ignited a love of world building that I still have today.
14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with? Never saw the show, so I don't know.
15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price? Toilet paper. You end up using twice the amount, the toilet gets clogged, it's just a nightmare.
16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa? I don't really remember.
17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail? Rotten fish. Any kind of rotten food for that matter.
18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you? Tell them to throw it out if they're so worried about it. Ridiculous.
19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing? Heading to the furniture stores to find the perfect dining room table and chairs. With extra leaves.
20. What is the most used item in your home? The couch.