Saturday, January 26, 2013
Saturday 9--Stormy Weather
1) Do noisy storms scare you?
Not particularly, I've lived in the Deep South most of my life, where we have a thunderstorm at least once a day, every day, in the summer.
2) Mother Winters tells us Lena Horne was considered one of the great beauties of the 1940s. Whom do you consider one of today's most beautiful women?
Morena Baccarin. Ever since she played Inara Serra on Firefly, I've thought she was absolutely stunning.
3) Crazy Sam admits it -- there's a big bag of recycling she really should take out to the bin. Yet she's composing this meme. What should you be doing, instead of answering her questions?
Cleaning my bathroom. It can wait.
4) Sam may be crazy, but she's not stupid and will never waste her money on Cialis, no matter how many unsolicited emails she receives! What's the most recent addition to your spam folder?
Job Boards that I used to be a part of, back when I was hunting a job. I unsubscribed months ago, but all of a sudden, they're spamming me again.
5) What was the last thing you cooked?
I just nuked a bag of popcorn, does that count?
6) Do you remember the lyrics to your either your high school or college fight song? If so, please share a bit.
Not a chance. I went to three different high schools in 4 years.
7) "Samantha" is the feminine of "Samuel" and means "Listener." What's the derivation of your first name?
It's an English dimunitive of Elisabeth, which means "God's Promise". I'm named after my paternal great-grandmother. Interestingly, my paternal grandmother's name is another dimunitive of Elisabeth.
8) Are you following the NBA or NHL this year? If so, which team are you rooting for?
I don't follow sports.
9) Gloves, umbrellas, sunglasses, keys -- which of these do you misplace most often?
Umbrellas. At one point we had two really nice ones, but I don't think they made it out of Richmond.